If you’ve endured facial trauma of any kind, Dr. Gocke and Dr. Nguyen want you to know first and foremost that they and their team at Virginia Oral, Facial and Implant Surgery are here to help you. Our team will walk alongside you throughout every step of your recovery. Dr. Gocke is always honored when a patient trusts him with restoring their facial structure after experiencing trauma— whether it was the result of disease, injury, or exposure to a harmful environment. When you choose Dr. Gocke and his team, you can take comfort in knowing that your best interest and comfort will be our top priorities at all times.
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are trained, skilled, and uniquely qualified to manage and perform facial trauma restoration. Facial injury and jaw fractures, by their very nature, impart a high degree of emotional and physical trauma to patients. The implementation of facial trauma restoration is both an art and science in many ways. Not only do surgeons have to be trained and experienced in the various procedures and technology used for treatment, but the doctor should also have an understanding of the aesthetics of the face and an artistic eye to restore beauty to the site of a traumatic injury. In this way, hands-on experience and familiarity with cutting-edge technology are required to provide the best care to the highest of modern standards.
Dr. Gocke and Dr. Nguyen meet and exceed these modern standards. Dr. Gocke is even on staff at local hospitals and delivers emergency room coverage for facial injuries to patients in McLean. Our oral and maxillofacial surgeons perform surgery for face injuries such as:
- Facial Lacerations
- Intraoral Lacerations
- Avulsed (knocked out) Teeth
- Fractured Facial Bones (cheek, nose, or eye socket)
- Fractured Jaws (upper and lower jaw)
To provide the highest level of care to the patients of McLean as possible, Virginia Oral, Facial, and Implant Surgery utilize a series of technologically and methodologically advanced procedures, such as:
- Tooth Extraction and Replacement: for those individuals whose teeth cannot be saved, treatment may include dental prostheses and/or realignment of the teeth
- Jaw Surgery: in situations where the jaw is severely damaged and will need to be fixed, jaw surgery can fix a crooked smile or a broken bone easily and may be used in conjunction with surgery of the teeth and gums
- Gum Surgery: the gums will often be damaged when suffering from facial trauma, and any good facial trauma reconstruction will include fixing the tissues of the mouth and preparing them to securely hold any dental prostheses needed
Patients should contact the offices of Virginia Oral, Facial, and Implant Surgery in McLean, VA to schedule a consultation at (703) 388-2805 if they suspect they might require facial trauma reconstruction surgery.