Meet Dr. McAdams
Dr. Michael McAdams was born and raised in Greensboro, North Carolina. He found his passion for oral and maxillofacial surgery in high school when shadowing a local oral surgeon. His experiences there, and his desire to help his community, lead him to pursue a career in oral & maxillofacial surgery. Dr. McAdams went on to achieve his undergraduate degree in Biological Anthropology from Duke University, where he graduated with honors in 2011.
Dr. McAdams then completed his doctorate of dental surgery (DDS) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry in 2017. While there, he developed a passion for volunteering in underserved communities across the state. Dr. McAdams graduated with distinction from UNC, received the Public Health award and the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Susan P. Foy research award, and was inducted into the OKU National Honors Society. He then moved to Richmond, Virginia where he completed his OMFS training at VCU. During his chief year, Dr. McAdams served as chief resident, gaining knowledge in the management of complex orthognathic and trauma cases, as well as the management of busy in-patient and out-patient service. During this time, he also lectured on topics such as the management of pediatric patients, medical emergencies, facial trauma management, and dentoalveolar grafting.
In his free time, Dr. McAdams enjoys spending time with his family, exploring the surrounding DMV hiking trails, and checking out the local restaurant scene. He is excited to move to the area and become part of the Northern Virginia community!
Education and Training
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2017
- Bachelor of Science in Evolutionary Anthropology – Duke University, 2011
- Virginia Commonwealth University Hospital System – Residency, 2018 – 2022
- Internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2018
Licenses and Certifications
- Dental Licensure in the States of Virginia and North Carolina
- AAOMS Member
- VSOMS Member