If you’ve been looking into different solutions to replace your loose or missing teeth, you’ve probably come across the term “All-on-4” as you’ve researched the dental implant options available in Northern Virginia. This newer tooth replacement system has so much to offer, and we want you to know all about the advantages of All-on-4 implants versus other options, so keep reading!
At Virginia Oral, Facial & Implant Surgery, Dr. Gocke and his team can provide you with amazing, permanent results by replacing your teeth with All-on-4 dental implants. These dental implants are the perfect solution for Northern Virginia men and women who have loose or missing teeth and don’t want to have traditional dentures placed. All-on-4s are permanently secured into the jawbone of Dr. Gocke’s patients through the use of four or more dental implants. Some of the biggest advantages of the All-on-4 implants are:
- Shorter Treatment Time – Gocke is able to avoid the need for bone grafts when using All-on-4s because of the unique technique he implements by tilting the posterior implants. He can also immediately load these implants. Both of these techniques provide his patients with shorter treatment time.
- Aesthetics – This dental implant option looks like natural teeth, giving you a smile that you can be proud of.
- Immediate Function – All-on-4 dental implants work like natural teeth. They do not have to be removed at night, and Gocke’s patients can brush and floss just like they always have. And for patients who qualify for immediate loading of implants, the functionality of their new teeth can happen in just one day!
- Strength – This tooth replacement option is stronger than other denture options and gives Northern Virginia patients the ability to chew their favorite foods without worrying about the slipping and sliding that is typical with removable dentures.
Clearly, there are many reasons why Dr. Gocke recommends All-on-4 dental implants to his patients. But what if you aren’t eligible for, or don’t want to receive, this type of tooth replacement system? Don’t worry! Dr. Gocke can recommend other options to suit your specific needs.
Other Tooth Replacement System Options
While All-on-4 implants are a great tooth replacement option for many men and women in Northern Virginia, some people may be looking for other solutions. Those include:
- Endosteal and Subperiosteal Dental Implants – Endosteal implants are placed in the jawbone, and subperiosteal implants are placed under the gum line, but on top of the jawbone. These two types of implants are versatile and can be used for a single tooth, or a whole set of new teeth.
- Immediate Load Dental Implants – This tooth replacement option is a good choice for patients who have sufficient jawbone tissue to safely and securely place a dental implant and temporary crown all in one day.
- Dentures – This type of tooth replacement has been around for years. They are secured with paste and sit on top of the gum line. Dentures are a good solution for some patients, but they may slip and slide and will need to be removed daily for cleaning.
- Bridges – This tooth replacement system is commonly used for patients who have one or two missing teeth. The surrounding teeth are used to support the false replacement tooth.
Call Dr. Gocke at Virginia Oral, Facial & Implant Surgery Today
The only way Dr. Gocke will know whether or not All-on-4 implants will be the best solution for your loose or missing teeth is through a full examination of your mouth.
Call his Northern Virginia office today at (703) 388-2805 to schedule your initial consultation so Dr. Gocke can create an individualized treatment plan just for you!